Sunday, January 13, 2013
Kaleah is 5!
Kaleah my doll turned 5 on Jan 9!!...where has the time gone...She will be starting kindergarten in the fall and I can hardly believe it.... its just not fair. It's come too fast, and poor Taylee will be so sad, that her buddy will be gone more and more during the day.. Now I can understand why people have more children. They are such great playmates, also fighting, but they are the best of friends... its fun to watch them... On a happy note, Lela is 5, and we had a lot of fun celebrating. Her birthday fell on Wednesday this year so we went to Nickle City,

and she happened to love the merry-go-round the best. She rode it probably 12 times..laugh out loud. I thought at this stage she'd like an older kid game, but I love that she still loves this ride. I made just a pink 4 inch double layer cake for us, as a family to share that night. We also made little mini cupcakes for her preschool class, they turned out so cute...
Her friend & Extended family party was celebrated Saturday, Jan 12th. We all went sledding and had so much fun!! Her friends Tia Mullen, Preslee Perkins, & Lola from preschool cam,e along with her cousins, Macy, Makayla, Aneesa, Sai, MeaLani & parents...
I love to watch Keleah & Donovan while they are sledding they hike up that hill so fast to go down it as many times as possible!! They would set they're saucer on the ground and run and jump on it to get going faster!! They love the snow!! Miss Taylee, who is currently 21 months, does not love the snow so far, she is not a huge fan of the cold. The poor little thing sat and shivered the whole time until daddy took her to the truck where Grandma & Grandpa Mortenson watched her, even then she was not happy about being cooped up in the truck, I don't think she knew what she wanted...and she certainly didn't want to go sledding...she screamed all the way down the hill and then as soon as we stopped she repeatable called over and over again, "OFF, OFF, OFF!!!" Jays tried to see if he could get her to go down again and she cried so loud and hard, so we never pressed the matter again... maybe when she's older. lol... or not..

After sledding we went back to our house, and I feel bad every one was squished inside our house, but I wanted everyone to be there...I just want to have these parties where we have enough room to visit and be comfortable, but that's okay, someday. We sang happy birthday and got to eat some cake!! I'm so proud of this cake, I must confess, it was a triple layered chocolate cake with chocolate ganache in between each layer, and then mint flavored buttercream frosting on top, with purple fondant, and fondant flowers all over it, with a "My Little Pony" on top... it was darling..but, I'm mostly proud of the taste. A lot of times my cakes can be a titch dry because it has to be dense enough to not crumble apart when I frost it, otherwise it show so many imperfections, and the fondant just isn't pretty on top of that mess. Fondant is unforgivable when it comes to bumps on cakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Where has the time gone!? can't believe she is 5? looks like her birthday was a success! her cake turned out awesome!!
thanks, it was time consuming, but worth it..
Post a Comment