I can hardly believe it, my little Donovan is going to school. I know that he will love it!! I'm also sad that it's actually happening. 5 years have flown by!! Lately I have really appreciated this little-big boy!!! He doesn't like to be called little! Yesterday we went to the dentist in order to get him ready for school and he had to get quite a lot of work done, poor thing. Honestly I was amazed at how bad his teeth were, he brushes them consistantly, but then I was reminded by a small little voice that said "suckers"...... yup. He loves suckers. Not a good thing! Suckers are no longer allowed in this house as of yesterday!!! They had to put him under in order to put 2 crowns on his back teeth. It was hard for me to watch his eyes roll back as the medicine took affect. I hated watching my five year experience this. He really has had a rough road so far. He's already had 2 eye surgeries, stitches, several allergic reastions to everything when he was a baby (eggs, red dye #40, amoxacellian-spelling?), now this. I hope that he has filled his quota for a while because there's only so much a mother can sit back and watch.. I'm glad that it is done and out of the way. Kindergarten here we come!!!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Kingergarten Here We Come!!
I can hardly believe it, my little Donovan is going to school. I know that he will love it!! I'm also sad that it's actually happening. 5 years have flown by!! Lately I have really appreciated this little-big boy!!! He doesn't like to be called little! Yesterday we went to the dentist in order to get him ready for school and he had to get quite a lot of work done, poor thing. Honestly I was amazed at how bad his teeth were, he brushes them consistantly, but then I was reminded by a small little voice that said "suckers"...... yup. He loves suckers. Not a good thing! Suckers are no longer allowed in this house as of yesterday!!! They had to put him under in order to put 2 crowns on his back teeth. It was hard for me to watch his eyes roll back as the medicine took affect. I hated watching my five year experience this. He really has had a rough road so far. He's already had 2 eye surgeries, stitches, several allergic reastions to everything when he was a baby (eggs, red dye #40, amoxacellian-spelling?), now this. I hope that he has filled his quota for a while because there's only so much a mother can sit back and watch.. I'm glad that it is done and out of the way. Kindergarten here we come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh poor guy! As tough as it is on him it's just as tough on the mommy! That's a lot to experience! I hope you get a break for a while.
Post a Comment