Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Events

We have found a home in Lehi and are so excited about it!! It's a Hud home and we finally got out contract signed which means that we can move forward in the never ending process.. I'm so excited about it because the minute I heard about the home, I had to see it.. It was a bidding process that was going to end that night!!! I looked at the home around noon, and insisted on Jayson taking a look at it after work. He looked at, and liked it too! We just felt so good about this home. It's in a nice neighborhood, which was a change, because all the other homes in Taylorsville that we looked at were complete dumps and horrible nieghborhoods!! That night around 7:00pm we made and offer and won it!!! It's a gray stucko home that needs some work. The kitchen has beautiful bright orange and red walls with flame wallpaper!!! Yes, thats right ladies & gents, flames!! I'll post some pictures soon. The home needs paint, lots of it!! I love doing that kind of thing though! I spend so much watching HGTV, that I can finally apply all that I've learned. Picking out the colors will be so fun, but the best part will be having our own stomping ground!!! Yea!!

4 comments:

Oveson's said...

That is so great congrandulations!!! That is awesome. It is nice to have your own place where you can do what you would like!! Good luck with the flames. Mabie we will fix the room with bright yellow sunshine paint...that is except for the door that one is red with yellow drippy handprints on it...lovely..I will say that I would love to see the photos!! congrads!! :D

Brandi said...

Yay Shanna! That is so dang exciting. You know that Tim and I are also big believers in fixing up homes. I'm so excited for you. Having your own home is the best!!!

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Congrats! I am so happy that your little family found a home, that is so exciting! Good luck on reclaiming your kitchen from the "flames" :)

Toni Dee! said...

Oh Shana I'm so happy for you! Having your own home really is one of the best feelings in the world . . . we just need our own space! Good luck picking out colors and keep us posted online :)